Governments, organizations, or educational institutions may offer financial grants or support to international students through international scholarships. Less privileged international students can benefit from these scholarship programs by receiving the funding they need to continue their education.
Canadian universities offer scholarships to international students to help them further their education in Canada both in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Furthermore, every scholarship has requirements that you must meet to be eligible and maintain to keep receiving funding.
Secondly, in this article, we will discuss some of the best Canadian university scholarships for international students, their requirements, and how to apply for them.
8 Canadian Universities Scholarships For Foreign Students
Following are some of the best Canadian universities’ international scholarship programs:
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
- Humber International Entrance Scholarships
- The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
- Carleton Entrance Awards for International Students
- Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program for International Students at the University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia International Scholars Program
- Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
Firstly, excellent international students who desire to enrol in the University of Manitoba’s full-time master’s and doctoral programs can apply for the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies must receive a departmental or unit recommendation before approving a student for a Manitoba Graduate Fellowship.
Eligibility for the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
To be eligible for the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship scholarship program;
- Candidates must be registered as graduate students (Master’s or PhD students) at the University of Manitoba.
- They must have a 3.0-grade point average required at the time of enrollment.
- Candidates must have a track record of academic achievement.
- They must be recommended by their department or unit to the graduate studies faculty.
Value of the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
In brief, this yearly scholarship is worth CAD 14,000 and covers the 12 to 24 months of a master’s degree program. It is a total of CAD 28,000 for 24 months.
A doctoral degree is worth CAD 18,000 yearly. It is a total of CAD 72,000 for 48 months.